The Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (with toe brakes) is one of the better pedals on the market and a definite competitor to the only other venerable flight pedals made by the CH team.
The flight pedals plugs straight into your PC via USB and allows you to control the rudders independently of the joystick. If you a MS Flight simmer and you have a joystick with with a rotatable base then you are probably using that to control the rudders on your plane. Otherwise, most likely the rudders on your plane are being controlled automatically by MS Flight Sim.
By removing control of the yaw of the plane (side to side motion) to the pedals, you can leave the joystick to what it should do (control pitch and roll). Added also pedals are the next step up the realism factor dial.
The saitek rudders allows you to control the rudder and even the toe brakes on the aircraft as the pedals are set up to allow independent control of the left and right toe brakes.
Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Review
The foot pedals have a little tension dial located on it that allows you to custom tweak the resistance on the pedals. If you are a big strong man you can up the resistance so that you do not over apply pressure and if you have a lighter touch you can lighten the resistance. It is nice that the option is there as I imagine everyone likes to tweak things the best they can to get the most enjoyment out of their sim flight.
What I like about the pedals is that they ARE self centering and the material on the actual pedal is made from a nice non-slip material. I doubt you would want to wear shoes and using the pedal with just socks on is more than fine.
Although unfortunately the pedals are of plastic construction, some of the moving bits are made from metal and this offers a bit more wear and tear on the pedals. (Still yet to wait for any company to release full set of metal flight pedals)
Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Features
- Pedals are self-centering
- Pedals have adjustable damping mechanism
- Foot rests are adjustable. By length of the pedal for bigger feet, and distance of the pedal for longer legs.
- Pedals have non-slip materials on them to keep your feet on the pedal
- Special tension adjustment dial, allows you to customize resistance on the pedals.
- Moving parts are made from part metal construction for longer wear and tear
- All big commercial software recognize pedals for easy plug N play
- Ships with Smart Technology (ST) programming software that allows you to fine tune and customize in game settings and profiles
- To buy the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, you can find them here at Amazon
- Brand Name: Saitek
- Hardware Platform: PC
- Input Device: Flight pedals via USB connection
- Form Factor: External
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Weight & Dimensions: 16 x 16.5 x 7 inches ; 2 pounds
- Tension knob and adjustable pedal size if you have big/small feat
- Can work even on a usb hub! (good if you are afraid the pedals might draw too much power)
- One of few products with toe brakes
- Will work on MAC even though it supports Win on the box
- Plastic construction can seem a little flimsy, and the product is quite light weight
- Pedals will slide around unless you use Velcro (which is provided) on carpet OR prop the base against solid wall etc
- Supplied ST software can be a resource hog (most games allow you to customize pedals in game anyway)
Check out what this user had to say about the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals:
After learning the “hard” way, the Rudder Pedals work Great! First (and very importantly) do NOT try to assign any functions to the pedals using your feet! After plugging in the USB connection put them on a flat surface and use your hands when moving the pedals to assign the right and left “Differential Brake” functions, then again using your hands, assign the “Rudder [...] Read the rest of the review >
P. Scott Pope,
As someone new to flight simulators, these were the first rudder pedals I have ever used. My general impression is that they work well but their flimsy construction is disconcerting. As I haven’t ever used CH pedals, it is difficult to assess what would be considered sturdy for a consumer product like this. However, the Saitek pedals feel as if they would be damaged by [...] Read the rest of the review >
Search Terms: saitek PRO Flight Rudder Pedals, saitek rudder pedals, saitek rudder pedals review, flight control joystick with rudder control, saitek pro flight rudder pedals dimensions, best fsx foot pedals, flight pedals to control roll
Tags: saitek pro flight rudder pedals,saitek pro flight rudder pedals canada,saitek pro flight rudder pedals drivers,saitek pro flight rudder pedals ebay,saitek pro flight rudder pedals fsx,saitek pro flight rudder pedals help,saitek pro flight rudder pedals mac,saitek pro flight rudder pedals pedals,saitek pro flight rudder pedals price,saitek pro flight rudder pedals problems,saitek pro flight rudder pedals profile,saitek pro flight rudder pedals review,saitek pro flight rudder pedals reviews,saitek pro flight rudder pedals warranty,saitek pro flight rudder pedals windows 7